The Scouting Ireland ‘Scouting Through Covid Roadmap’ has been updated following the recent lifting of restriction in ROI and in line with the Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth guidance for youth organisations updated 14th May. There has been no update in Northern Ireland applied since April.
Summary of new changes (ROI only);
- Intercounty travel is permitted in ROI
- Transport services can operate at 50% capacity while adhering to the covid guidelines
Key details from our roadmap that remain unchanged since 1st April (NI) and 26th April (ROI).
- All outdoor activities should be in groups of 15 people including adult scouters in ROI – No change since April 26th
- Day activities are recommended for Beaver and Cubs Scout - No change since April 26th
- Day activities and overnight trips are recommended for Scouts, Venture and Rover Scouts
- Scout groups in Northern Ireland must operate within their immediate communities and can engage in outdoor and indoor meeting in groups of 15 excluding adult scouters - No change since April 1st